Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Little Kitchen, little flavor

HI guys. This is my first post for the year and ever. I was hoping to start with a good write up but sadly it's a so so experience and just want to share the experience with you.

I have been in General Santos city for more than 2 weeks now. I gained a lot of weight over the holiday and gaining more since every time i'm here I always enjoy dining out with friends.

Last night, me and my partner went to this place "Little Kitchen" since a friend of ours insists that it is a must try and it's a new dining place in General Santos.



Wheew! It took us quite a few missed turns just to get there since as the name says "Little" indeed, it's a little place with a little sign. Stepping out of the car made me wonder, if it's worth the night since i have been craving for steak for the entire week (till now, maybe tonight? hmm). As we took our seat, the waitress gladly hand me out the menu which was in a plastic folder and the menu was printed on a bond paper in a eye-sore way. Gladly, i found something that I always want to start my meal with, my "Beef Quesadilla". Yum yum! So I asked the waitress to call it in and serve it first while I browse their meal selection.





Beef Quesadilla - Served hot and with it's generous serving, I want more. It's so beefy and so cheeeeezy and the salsa is oh so refreshing.





With the good impression the quesadilla gave me, I am more excited to put my mouth on anything they have so I asked the waitress about their House Specialty she promptly replied with the choices of; Salisbury steak, Rib Eye steak (oh yeah! steak!), Cream Dory Curry, Chicken Cordon Bleu and different kinds of Pizza, since it's dinner, I decided to order the Salisbury Steak since i'm craving for steak but she replied that it's not available which made me feel a bit off since my mind and stomach was set on having it (bad bad bad). My partner ordered the Salisbury steak so I was forced to try the Chicken Cordon and off course one of my all time favorite desert.. buko-pandan salad.

The wait was not that long when I saw the steak on it's way to our table but after a minute.. 5 minutes.. 10 minutes and more tik-tak, tik-tak, where in the H**L is my chicken??? I was more irritated by the delay and nicely asked to follow up on my order.. it took another 5 minutes before I was served and basically lost my appetite.




The Salisbury Steak - Served with rice and mixed veggies. A so and so for me. The rice is cold and dry. The mixed veggies is oily and taste like raw Garlic.







Now on to the food: The Salisbury Steak was a so-so. There are hard lumps in it though it was seasoned perfectly but a bit more than dry. It's time for me to taste my long awaited Chicken Cordon.. by the look of it I already expected less and by having my first bite made my expectations more clear, Not worth it! So I planned to just finish the side mixed veggies but it made me lost my appetite even more it looks so oily and the taste, taste like eating raw garlic.

After my partner finished his meal, I asked the waitress to cancel my buko-pandan salad because I don't want to waste my money (haugh's money. He's treat.) any more.

By the way, the pictures are of low quality. I used my I-Touch to take the photos.

My Opinion:

Price vs Serving - 2 out of 5
Taste - 2 out of 5
Service - 2 out of 5 ( we were not asked if we wish to order something to drink and did not even serve us water)
Location and Venue - 3 out of 5


Till Next Time,

Taste Life, Live Life!

1 comment:

  1. hmmmmmm i agreee, was my treat so its ur's tonight? hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger