Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pork belly dear

Tonight, I know will turn out to be something great. Friends came over for dinner and I guess booze for later. (By the way, I would like to thank Felizardo Pareno and Darvin Cajurao for letting us stay in their place for our whole stay in General Santos City)

With the limited stock we have, I simply decided to make up something out of what we have. A juicy grilled pork belly! YUM!

What do we have....?

Basic spices and 3 slabs of pork belly...

So I decided to make a "Spicy Grilled Ginger Pork Belly with Sesame seeds", an idea I just grabbed from the air.

With the pork belly I added soy sauce, just a bit of honey, a lot of ginger, toasted sesame seeds, chili flakes, pepper and a whole lot of love.

Then I grilled the belly for 5 minutes on each side (slow cook). With the marinade, I added a couple tablespoons of brown sugar and more chili powder to spice it up more and a quarter cup of butter which I spread over the belly when I grilled it up for another 15-20 minutes.

Can't wait to eat! (Still waiting for the rice to cook)
Before hitting the grill

Before disappearing







Good Food, Great Friends! (Mark, Van2x, Junito)


Till Next Time,

Taste Life, Live Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger